There are actions you can take to make your laptop battery last longer during each charge cycle and live longer over many cycles. HP laptop battery always recommends following the instructions for charging and storage that came with the hp battery or notebook. On this page we offer additional suggestions to help you get the most from your portable power supply.
1. Manage battery ( hp 510 battery, hp 530 battery) power more effectively in Windows/
2. Make sure your battery gives the power you need, when you need it. Power Options in Windows XP allow you to control the power management features of your notebook PC.
3.Learn more about the Power Options in Windows by visiting Microsoft's support site
4. Learn the tips for conserving battery power on notebook PCs.
5. Reduce the brightness of the screen to the minimum readable level. Use the Fn and F7 or F8 keys to adjust the brightness.
6. Remove peripherals when not in use. External hard drives, CD-ROMs, Zip drives, PC cards, and other peripheral devices can draw power from your battery even when they are not in active use. Disconnect them when you have finished using them.
7. Reduce the speed of your processor. The faster your computer works, the more quickly it uses up the supply of power. By cutting down on processor speed, you can extend the charge of your battery. Methods to reduce processor speed vary from model to model, and your manual should provide instructions for doing so.
8. Turn off the Wireless On-Off button when it is not in use. If your notebook has one, press the Wireless On-Off button so that the light turns off.
9. Learn some 'Best Battery care practices'
(1) Store Li-Ion laptop batteries between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F) with 30% to 50% charge.
(2) Do not leave hp batteries (hp 550 battery, hp pavilion dm3 battery)exposed to high temperatures for extended periods. Prolonged exposure to heat (for example, inside a hot car) will accelerate the deterioration of Li-Ion cells.
(3) Remove the battery if the notebook will be stored (turned off and not plugged into AC power) for more than 2 weeks.
(4) Remove the hp pavilion battery (pavilion dm3 battery) if the notebook will be plugged into AC power continuously (via a wall adapter or docking station) for more than 2 weeks.
10. Calibrate the notebook PC battery.
Short discharges and recharges do not fully synchronize the battery's fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. This can result in the amount of power available in one cycle being less than expected or the laptop battery meter being inaccurate.
Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every 3 months.