You can manually change the power consumption of your notebook PC and conserve hp laptop battery power (such as hp 510 battery, hp pavilion dm3 battery, hp pavilion dv2000 battery, hp g7000 batteries, hp pavilion dv6000 battery etc).
1. Reduce the number of open applications . Every application uses memory, and therefore power, even when the application widow is minimized. Exit any application the is not being used.
2. Reduce the brightness of the screen to the minimum readable level. Use the Fn and F7 or F8 keys to adjust the brightness.
3. Remove peripherals when not in use. External hard drives, CD-ROMs, Zip drives, PC cards, and other peripheral devices can draw power from your hp battery (buy replacement hp laptop battery in uk. hp dv2500 battery, hp dv6500 battery etc) even when they are not in active use. Disconnect them when you are finished using them.
4. Reduce the speed of your processor. The faster your computer works, the more quickly it uses up the supply of power. You can extend the charge of your laptop battery by slowing down your processor’s speed. Methods to reduce processor speed vary from model to model, and your manual should provide instructions for doing so.
5. Turn off the Wireless On-Off button when it is not in use. If your notebook has one, press the Wireless On-Off button so that the light turns off.
6. Change the power option setting from High performance to either HP Recommended or Power saver to conserve hp battery power.